It’s officially November and today marks the first day of my very first National Blog Posting Month. I’m using #NaBloPoMo to see if I have the chops for one extended month of writing, writing and more writing. What better way to start the month and get my creative juices flowing then to do a Ten Things of Thankful post!
- I am most thankful this week for my grandmother. I’ve posted regularly about my father’s mother (the subject of the Grandmother Diaries), but rarely post anything of my mother’s mother. Mostly because she’d be mortified to learn that I’d talked about her on (sharp intake of breath) THE INTERNETS.
We had a bit of a scare this week when Nana had a heart attack. We’re so lucky for the advanced medical care in this country – she had a few tests, a procedure, and she’s back at home recuperating as I type. I’m going to pop over and see her today.
- I am thrilled that (despite the usual last minute wrangling), the Goblin King stuck to his word, and even though it was his weekend, he stuck to our agreement and the children spent Hallowe’en with me this year. We had so much fun last night.
- At just over two, Bae’s first real Halloween was a hit! Once he figured out that people were giving away “guckies” (cookies – his word for candy), he was in like Flint. He went door to door to door to door. I was sure that he’d give up after about ten houses. He did about 20 before he started getting crabby. He even wanted to keep going!
- Despite the fact that some of the surrounding townships had rain last night, it held off here for the first time in a few years. It was a beautiful, clear night.
- It was so much fun scrolling through Facebook this morning. I can’t believe how many of my Facebook friends got into the Halloween spirit and dressed up with their kids!
- I’m excited to be starting this new challenge of writing a blog post every day this month. I’ve reached so many of my writing goals this year – I can’t wait to add another one to the list. In addition to my thirty days of blog posts, I’m also aiming to submit one article per week to some new places. It may mean a few rejections – but I am willing to give it my best!
- More than a couple of my “invisible friends” – fellow writers who I’ve met through Social Media – are doing #NaBloPoMo and #NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). I’m excited to see them following their own dreams. And so lucky to be part of the process. A few of their books are featured in the Live By Surprise store. Click the link above and buy one – I promise you will not be disappointed.
- I’ve been featured at several different sites in October. If you haven’t had the chance, you could pop over to see my posts about Allowance and Paid Maternity Leave at Sammiches and Psych Meds. I also had a post about spending time with your children after divorce on DivorcedMoms.com.
- A number of my friends are featured in books that will be released in November – including The Science of Parenthood (created by Norine Dworkin-McDaniel & Jessica Ziegler – available now for pre-order at Amazon) and Mothering Through the Darkness – an anthology about Postpartum Depression.
- I’m so happy to have food in my belly and a roof over my head and clean water to drink. World Toilet Day is coming this month to make us thankful for our First World Problems. I’m thankful for good friends and a wonderful family and husband. I’m thankful to be happy.
See you all tomorrow! I’ll be writing about my favorite toys!
This is my first blog post for the 2015 #NaBloPoMom, #NaBloPoblano and the Yeah Write Me NoMo Challenge.