This post contains affiliate links.
It’s Thanksgiving and it’s NaBloPoMo, so I’m due to write a post. I thought today is a good day for a #10Thankful.
- I’m actually not feeling that great today (cold), but I’m thankful it was on a day I didn’t have too much to do. I hate to be sick and have to go to work—both because it means I spread germs and because it’s hard to do my best work when I’m not up to the task.
- I spent most of the day writing and submitting, so I’m thankful to have the time to do that today. You’ll soon see some posts from me on UrbanMommies and MockMom. I’m also grateful for their fierce editors.
- I’m thankful we had a quiet Thanksgiving Day with just our family. I’m sitting right now with my two youngest watching The Grinch. (And I’m also thankful for Jim Carey and Dr. Seuss.) While I do enjoy a big family dinner, it’s equally nice to spend some quiet time alone with just Hubs and the kids.
- I’m especially grateful for both online shopping and Black Friday/Cyber Monday. I suspect it’s going to cut down on my Christmas list a great deal, and save me from having to brave the stores.
- Yes, I know it’s a first world problem. I’m ever grateful that I only have first world problems.
- Believe it or not, I’m grateful that it’s getting colder and colder, because that means every day we get closer to it being warmer again.
- I’m thankful that my children have settled in school, and their report cards show that they’re doing well.
- I’m ever so happy that Bae is *almost* completely potty trained. That was a long seven months. I’m also thankful that I will never ever have to potty train another child.
- I’m ever so grateful that this year has been a year to make new friends and stretch my wings. I’ve gone new places. I’ve jumped out of my introvert skin and met new people. I’ve made an effort to learn new things. This year, 2016, was a year of becoming more me. And I’m glad that I’m me.
- I am grateful that you read this list all the way to number ten. I’m grateful for you and your family, and I hope if you celebrated Thanksgiving today that it was a good one.
If you have the chance, pop over to RealityMoms today and check out Kathryn Leehane (aka Foxy Wine Pocket) and her post about Thanksgiving gravy. It’s hilarious.
I’m participating in NaBloPoMo and NanoPoblano for the entire month of November! Click on one of the badges below to read more.
Want read more stuff like this? Why not sign up for the Live by Surprise mailing list. You’ll get one e-mail once per week with more fun. You can also follow Live by Surprise on Twitter, Google+, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Bloglovin!