Some days, I feel like there’s a divorce continuum – and I’m on the lower end of the spectrum. On the high end? Princess Goop and her ex and their conscious uncoupling. As pretentious as the whole announcement was – I feel a minor jealousy pangs that people like Gwyneth and Chris Martin seem to have it so easy as far as this co-parenting gig goes.
Most days I feel like I’m only one peg up from Charlie Sheen and Denise Richards. In fact, I’m pretty sure that Denise is my spirit animal. Every time I see them in the news, Captain Crazy has done something silly – and Denise is getting tired of his crap. Very similar to my own relationship. My ex wouldn’t cross the road to spit on me if I were on fire. In fact, I’m reasonably certain he’d bring gasoline and marshmallows.
If I had my druthers, I’d like my co-parenting relationship to look more like:
- Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillipe – the couple was married for seven years (and two kids) before they split in 2007. Ryan has publicly stated how proud he is of their coparenting relationship..
- Kate Hudson and Chris Robinson had a son before they split in 2007. Kate has suggested since the split that she’s looking forward to taking her son on tour with his dad at some date in the future.
- Demi Moore and Bruce Willis – talk about super divorced couple. The two were married for 13 years (3 daughters) before they parted ways in October 2000. They’ve both said publicly that they try not to make their children choose – and have even spent the holidays together with their new spouses!
What about you? If you had to compare your post-divorce relationship with a celebrity couple, who fits the picture best? Are you a Sheen/Richards or a Goop Couple?
Latest posts by Live by Surprise (see all)
- Divorcing? Look for the Right Kind of Advice - July 24, 2017
- Life Has No Remote: Get Up and Change It Yourself - July 17, 2017
- It’s Time to Celebrate Uniqueness…Regardless of Size, Shape or Color - July 14, 2017