Bringing this one back…because even though it’s been three years, I still feel this way sometimes.
We all know that I try my hardest not to talk badly of my ex in front of the children. I use this space to get out my feelings and say things that I would certainly never say to him (especially in front of the children).
That being said, the Goblin King has been annoying the shit out of me for the past several weeks (I won’t go into it here…but the short shrift is he’s back to threatening to take me to court). So today I’ve decided to make a list of all the responses I’d like to use, with a little inspiration from Doctor Who. I know what you’re thinking…
The answer? Because I can. I was actually surprised at how accurate the comparison is.
Case in point:
- He tries to defeat me with pure logic:
- And his logic is so logical I’m like:
- And I’m all like, riiigggght:
- I have one of two reactions:or:
- There are days I really, really want to respond with:or:
- But instead, write the perfect comeback:
- And I picture him reading it and thinking:
- And I walk away:
Wow. I feel so much better now.
This post originally appeared on LiveBySurprise on November 24, 2015. Sadly, it required no updates at all.